What have I seen? Hope this post finds all is well with you and yours! I have been wandering down the yellow-brick road of the internet checking out a variety of websites again, and thought I would share some of the cute and crafty, unusual and fun things I have found.
1. Now this one is just too freakin’ cute! Tea duck infuser :). Really. Use that rubber ducky much? Well here is a crafty little idea for you from Dollar Store Crafts. The ducky makes it easy to get your infuser out of your tea cup. I will be trying this one!
2. I use to love to send cards and notes to friends and family for all sorts of things, including the normal birthdays and holidays. I would buy cute and sometimes random cards for future use and store them. I have a basket now that I am using, but I don’t seem to be remembering to go there and find the card. So I was very excited when I stumbled upon this little item from CTpubBlog.com, a snail mail portfolio. I actually made something like this when I was about 12, so I can take a trip down memory lane when I work on this one. This blog has lots of free tutorials and projects. Let me know if you find something you wanna make!
3. I love bags, any shape or size. Here is a really easy and super cute tutorial for a little zippered bag from Cindy of Skip To My Lou. She also has 10 Free Tote Bag Patterns, which I also use a bunch, bet some of you do too! Her blog has bunches of ideas and things to make and several free printables as well, so head on over and check her out and make one of these bags too while you’re at it! 😉
4. This is a catalog I tripped into somehow, House8810. Some super cute stuff in here to purchase, some of the prices are really good too. This is my kinda shopping as well, no mall walking for me please! So open up their catalog and just enjoy the scenery. If you decide on something to buy, I would love to hear about it too! I am not saying this because I will make anything, I just want to see what fun stuff you get…. but if you wanna buy me a gift, the Alice in Wonderland puzzle would suit me just fine!
5. Now here’s a blast from the past: mini Polaroids! They look fun and fairly simple to make. I use to have a Polaroid camera so making these will be another walk down memory lane I’m sure.
6. Here is one for those of you more industrially minded from you-have-broken-the-internet: a handmade coat rack. Got any extra pipe and T’s laying around? Then this is the project for you. Makes a really interesting looking coat rack too. Check it out and let me know how it goes.
7. Want to learn how to make a button for your blog? I did too, the one in the top of my sidebar is what I made. I followed the instructions from Randomosity. Sadie was very helpful and very responsive to my questions. Pop on over there and have a go at making a button for your blog. If you get stuck, just ask for help like me.
8. no big dill shares a yummy beverage. It’s an Avocado Smoothie made with tapioca pearls. You can get these at Asian grocery stores, and her story of her creation is very entertaining. She was even able to find the JUMBO STRAWS to facilitate drinking the pearls. Love me some avocados!
9. Michelle L in LA has been making all kinds of goodies! The link I’m sharing here will take you to a bunch of them that require no special tools. How cool is that? I really enjoy reading her blog too. I think her style is fresh and fun.
10. Number 10. My last share for this post. What will it be? Will it be fun, useful or practical? How about all 3? I used this pic resizer to help me with a little problem I have. This is a super easy resizer that helps me not to consume so much space in my hosting account. I think it’s easy to use, just be sure to change the pixels not the percent for the best picture and space saving. If you have another handy tip or idea for resizing, please share in your comment. I love your comments!
Alrighty then! Guess that sums it up for now. Hope you have as much fun on this yellow brick road as I have. Let me know if you spot any munchkins on your travels. I could use a couple of sets of those to go in my collection. Angela