I’m so grateful for everything in my life right now. There are still some hard things in it, but lots and lots of fun things are happening too. Busy, busy, busy! I’m sure many of you are in the same situation getting ready for the holidays. I have recipes I will be sharing with you, dolls I’m making for granddaughters. You’ll get the first peak. We’ve been Christmas shopping and wrapping and adding up ingredients for cookies, it all takes time doesn’t it? I am enjoying working on these things though, hope you are too. “Wherever you are, be all there.” Jim Elliot. Yes, I want to be all here and fully conscious of my life, it’s busy-ness and the joy that is here if I just let myself realize it.
Every Monday I try to share my gratitude list. I am part of the community over at Ann Voskamp’s A Holy Experience. I love her introduction of herself, you can read it here and see if it touches you as well if you like. The list helps me focus on the good in my life, my happy moments. The simple things and the complex loves of my life. I am very grateful for this discipline that is growing in me to remember to appreciate the many good and beautiful things around me. You see, it is very very easy for me to focus on the heavy things, the hard things, the things that go bump in my life. I have to work diligently to remember to be grateful, to look for opportunities of gratitude. That may sound like a bad thing to you, but it has been a very very good thing for me.
Goodness is all around us, even in the busy times. Even in the hard times. We just have to learn how to appreciate it I think. So, here is my little list for today, I’m grateful for:
1. Christmas, and the love it represents. He came for love’s sake, not for the sake of rules and regulations.
2. Lists, and recipes, and books and ingredients and chocolate and sugar.
3. For friends and family to give to, for dolls to make and presents to find and joy to share in living life and giving and receiving love and comfort from each other as well as things as simple as a gift.
4. For Natilee, because she helped me today and asked me to tell you so. She is the eldest granddaughter that lives with me. I really enjoyed her helping me today, she was reading out the cookie recipes so we could share them with you in a few days. Yum!
5. For help from Boyfriend too. It comes in handy to have a couple of extra hands around sometimes, doesn’t it?
6. For warm home, and soft bed and running water and clean clothes. I am grateful for my blessings.
7. For remembering trust is important, when I trust that God loves me and looks out for me I don’t have to give in to worry and dread.
8. I’m also grateful I started sewing the dolls I aim to give as prezzies in 20 days or so. They aren’t going to make themselves.
9. For plans for my life, for my businesses and for the hope and promise the future holds.
10. For Christmas movies and cartoons that remind us all how important family and friends are. I especially love Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer. The Island Of Misfit Toys is where some of my best friends used to live.
11. I am grateful for fun, and some upcoming things will be fun for me! One will happen tomorrow, I will be the Fine Feathered Friend for the 12/6 Flock Together Tuesday Blog Hop hosted by Mom’s Best Nest. Then later in December I will be a Grilled Grandma on Grandma’s Briefs. Finally, the end of the month brings my next birthday, the big 5-0! Not to mention Christmas Eve and Christmas. Sounds to me like it’s gonna be more fun than one month can hold! “Woo-hoo,” as Yukon Cornelius would say. Woo-hoo indeed. Have a wonderful week! Angela